Office 2010’s Mini Translator! feature provides you on-the-fly translation as you select a word or phrase and provides dictionary definitions of individual words, in Word, Outlook, OneNote and PowerPoint. The Mini Translator also includes a Play button so you can hear an audio pronunciation of the word or phrase using a text-to-speech engine. A Copy button’s also available so that you can paste the translation into another document.
Here’s the steps to use it:
- Start your Word 2010 application and open a document or type some text.
- Click Review tab, and then Translate Button, Mini Translator is turned on and off by clicking Mini Translator.
- When you click first time, it’ll bring up the Translation Language Options dialog, or you can click on the Choose Your Translation Language option, and click on Mini Translator to see the below dialog
- Here, you can choose what language you'd like to’ve your text translated into. Click on arrow in the Translate To list
- Once you select the language you'd like the text translated to – click OK to save the selection and close the dialog.
- Now that you’ve Mini Translator turned on – you simply select the text you want to translate and hover over it
- Hovering over a single word’ll allow the Mini Translator to show the Bilingual Dictionary: