The cool new Mini Translator feature in Office 2010, provides you on-the-fly translation as you select a word or phrase. If for some reasons, you really don’t have a need for translation; you can still use it to better understand your native language!
- Start Word and create a new document
- Click on Review menu, then Translate button, then select Choose Your Translation Language
- In Translation Language Options, click on Mini Translator tab on left, and now click on arrow in Translate To list and go all way to bottom to Encarta Dictionary and click on that. Then click OK to save selection and close dialog
- Now make sure that Mini Translator is turned on! by clicking on Review menu, then Translate button and take a look at the icon next to Mini Translator:
- If Mini Translator icon is highlighted, it is turned on. And it’ll also show translation language.
- If Mini Translator isn’t highlighted, its turned off. Translation language’ll still show even though it’s off.
- Now, let’s see how it works. Type some text in your document, and hover over one of the words, and like magic – it pops up to tell you what that word means!!