If you're using Office Customization Tool to configure a Multiple Activation Key key, you can also activate Office 2010 at the time that you install MAK key.
MAK key is one of the methods that Office Activation Technologies provides for activating products licensed under Volume Licensing programs. By using MAK key, clients activate Office 2010 online through Microsoft-hosted activation servers or by telephone. To activate Office 2010 when you configure MAK key in OCT, you set AUTO_ACTIVATE property value.
Follow these steps:
- In OCT, select Modify Setup properties on left pane, then click Add in right pane.
- In Add Property Value dialog box, in Name box, type AUTO_ACTIVATE. Note that property names must be uppercase.
- In Value box, type 1, and then click OK.
Another option is to use Config.xml file to set AUTO_ACTIVATE property.
- Setting element
- Config.xml file in Office 2010
- Plan for volume activation
- Configure and deploy volume activation of Office 2010
- Office 2010 Resource Kit