Microsoft’s MacBU released Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (SP2), designed to improve:
1. speed in Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac (launch and scroll times) as well as Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac with features such as calculation performance.
2. Two new features in Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac: Custom Path Animation adds the ability to author motion-path animations. • Default Theme lets users define their default theme, including fonts, color scheme and slide layouts.
3. New tool, Document Connection for Mac helps improve access and browsing to documents on SharePoint Products and Technologies and Microsoft Office Live Workspace. Here’s a list of features: Integrated (offline/local) access to Office Live Workspace and SharePoint Websites – Document upload – Document check-out/in – SharePoint Workspace and Doc Library access & browsing – An independent application with File Menu integration.
4. Office Live Workspace expanded Mac browser support to include Safari 4 along with existing support for Firefox 2.0 (required for Mac OS X 10.2.x or later).
5. SharePoint. Document Connection also improves the SharePoint experience for Mac users, allowing for easier collaboration within a SharePoint environment by simplifying how users can browse, access and manage files online and offline.