Adobe released a new iOS app compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad – dubbed “CreatePDF” that brings the same high-quality PDF creation as Adobe Acrobat to your iPad, iPhone and other iOS devices and let anyone create a PDF documents from scratch, right on their iOS device, down to images, links, formatting, footnotes, drawings and more.
Once installed, CreatePDF registers as a default app to open Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, Adobe Illustrator drawings, Photoshop images and InDesign files, in addition to Open Office and StarOffice documents and JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF images. This lets you send the aforementioned mail attachments or documents from other apps to CreatePDF using the “Open In…” feature of iOS. CreatePDF is a universal binary that costs ten bucks over at the App Store.
Highlights of Adobe CreatePDF
- Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
- Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
- Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
- Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents
- Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
- Intuitive Interface for PDF Conversion
- Convert email attachments or files stored in the cloud or any application by opening them within the Adobe CreatePDF application.
- Hand over converted PDF files to other applications, including sending as email attachments with one touch
Supported File Formats include:
- MS Word (docx, doc), Excel(xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
- Images – JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- RTF, Text and WordPerfect
- OpenOffice and StarOffice documents
Here are few screens:
You can download the $9.99 Adobe CreatePDF for iOS devices from the iTunes App Store.