Nokia Drive is now available to all Windows Phone partners to offer a turn-by-turn navigation experience for people in over 110 countries -- and also now available on Windows Phone 8 for all partners.
"With Nokia Drive on Windows Phone 8, we will make drive navigation effortless," Nokia said.
"This means that Nokia's Location platform will be central to the Windows Phone 8 experience, with the intention of developing smartphones that bring advanced location experiences. Windows Phone 8 partners and developers will be able to use our location assets to build location-based apps and experiences of superior quality."
Nokia also sadi that its location data is not confined to smartphones and computers -- and that the data already powers four out of five cars with in-car navigation and its customer list includes top brands in the tech and auto industries include: Bing, Yahoo!, BMW and Ford.
Nokia highlights its location platform stats said:
- "We have maps data for more than 190 countries in more than 50 languages and navigation in more than 110 countries
- We collect information from Nokia Drive users and local authorities to provide traffic alerts in 26 countries, and also allow dynamic rerouting
- We have venue maps in over 5,000 shopping malls, train stations, airport, sports venues, etc. in 35 countries
- We support multi-modal routing: by car, on foot (including footpaths, shortcuts, etc. in over 400 cities) and by public transportation (over 100 cities)," informs Nokia.
Nokia also announced that a new range of Nokia apps are coming to Lumia over the next few weeks:
Camera Extras is a new camera app that adds following new settings, and will be available in Windows Phone Marketplace for the US and China by June 22nd. It will be available for all other countries in July.
- Smart Group Shot: Capture great group shots in just one attempt by choosing the best faces from a burst
- Action Shot: Capture fast-moving action shots with just one click and significantly improved shooting speed
- Panorama: This new control feature makes it easy to capture beautiful panorama shots by finding the image in the sequence
- Self-timer: Set up your Lumia on a stand and get yourself into more photos
Contact Share another new app is a quick and easy way of sharing your contacts via SMS or email.
Counters is an innovative way of monitoring Lumia usage and even setting up limits. "This is particularly useful where you have call-time or data allowances from your operator and to make sure you do not incur extra costs," Nokia said.
Contact Share and Counters will in Marketplace for China by June 22nd. It will be available for all other countries by July.
PlayTo will allow you to share pictures, videos and music from your Lumia smartphone to other DLNA -enabled devices on your network.
PlayTo will be in Marketplace globally by June 22nd.
In addition to aforementioned apps, Zynga announced that will make hit games like Words With Friends and Draw Something available for Lumia smartphone owners for a couple of months - begining this autumn.
Software update for Lumia 800 and 710
Nokia also announed a software update for the Nokia Lumia 800, and the Nokia Lumia 710 releasing globally from June 27th in a phased update through Zune.
This latest version of the Lumia software brings three long-awaited experiences including: the introduction of Internet sharing, Flip-to-Silence and media streaming from your phone. This update will be required to take advantage of many of the new apps above.
Finally, Nokia said, that all Lumia smartphones will be getting an Windows Phone 7.8 update that bring Windows Phone 8's new Start screen, Live Tile sizes, "as well as a pattern of ongoing updates going forward."