As the football season begins, Microsoft readies its products including Bing's weekly predictions, Surface NFL Type Covers, Cortana, Outlook, Xbox and Touchdown! to celebrate with you.
Fans can now adorn their Surface devices with the new Special Edition Surface NFL Type Cover, available for all 32 teams. The covers were first announced in the early August.
With Cortana, you can track your favorite sports teams' score updates, upcoming games and get final score notifications. Select your favorite football team and Cortana will provide score updates right in your notebook, show upcoming games and matches and can even notify you with the final score.
If you are new to Windows 10, here's how you can quickly search your PC and the web all in one place. To search from your taskbar, simply click the Cortana* icon and type your query.
With the NCAA kickoff last week and NFL now, the Touchdown! collection in Windows Store, letting you watch the game on Windows or Xbox, and follow favorites, stream games, view schedules and stats, listen on-the-go, plan tailgates and more.
Of course, using the new "Interesting Calendars" feature you can now add a team's schedule directly to your Outlook.com or Outlook on the web calendar. Once added, calendar will sync across devices and automatically update [if any schedule change].
Follow these simple steps in Outlook.com or the Office 365 calendar to add professional and college football game schedule to Outlook calendar:
- Log in to Outlook on the web.
- View your calendar and then click Add calendar.
- Select Interesting calendar.
- Select Sports, the sport category and then your favorite team, explains office team.
Last but not least, Bing also brings weekly NFL predictions for your favorite teams as well as other 31 teams, plus playoff and Super Bowl predictions.
For this professional football season, Bing Predicts is offering:
- Game by Game Predictions – Predictions on which team will win every weekly matchup.
- Fantasy Football Predictions – Weekly predictions of who to start in your fantasy league by position including predictions of how many points each player will achieve in PPR leagues. Carousel appears during Fantasy Football related queries.
- NFL Playoff Predictions – Every Tuesday at noon PT, bing's power rankings update predictions of the team going to make the playoffs and win its respective division. Also, which teams are on pace to earn those elusive wild-card spots, bing writes.
In other bing news, In August update to Bing Maps Version 8 control (V8) many new features to last month release of draggable pushpins and spatial math geometry. Features added in this release include:
- three new road maps styles called [canvasDark, canvasLight, and grayscale]
- switches to high contrast version of the road maps, when user's computer is in high contrast mode.
- animated tile layers, makes it easy to smoothly animate through an array of tile layers.
- TypeScript definitions now include all new features from August update, in addition to being available through NuGet and npm.
For more complete list of what's new, visit here.
Microsoft has also published a new NFL on Xbox ad along with a few more ways to celebrate the start of the season.
In the new ad, NFL Superstars Russel Wilson, Antonio Brown, and Von Miller work on their "people skills" and play Madden alongside the Xbox live community. The results are, to say the least:
Update 09/10: A series of new Microsoft Surface promotions making the branding slowly becoming synonymous with the National Football League.