Google announced 5 new features for Android Market focused on helping users find apps the love. These new features are available now on http://market.android.com, and will be coming soon to Android Market on phones and tablets.
"We've seen tremendous growth in Android Market lately. With over 200,000 apps supporting over 300 Android devices, we've had 4.5 billion applications installed to date," said Google.
The features includes:
- New top app charts - revamped top app charts to be fresher and country-specific, so you get the most current, relevant results. Also added top new free, top new paid, and top grossing lists, all right on the Android Market home page.
- Editors' Choice are some of the very best apps available for Android, as chosen by the Android Market staff. They span everything from games to productivity and beyond.
- Top Developers will get a special icon on Android Market website, appearing wherever the developer name is shown, starting today for an initial set of over 150 developers.
- Better related apps - On the left side of an app page, you'll now see two groups of related apps: apps frequently browsed by people who viewed this app, and apps that people tend to install alongside this app. Google will also show you related apps once you decide to install an app.
- Trending apps is a new section added to the Android Market homepage showing those apps that are quickly growing in daily installs.
[Source: Google Mobile Blog]