A change on Support Plans and options availability on Azure Government announced as on Friday, is focused on improving the support experience and ensuring the same level of benefits, features and support quality to all Azure customers.
While the new support plans adding a new guarantee “ensure that the support is provided by US persons, who meet US-government standards for the Azure Government data access requirements.” The other terms and conditions remain same as those in Azure.
The company notes, after the transition period to paid support plans ends, “Azure Government support will be at additional cost.”
Microsoft notes, all existing customers based on relationship level will automatically migrate to new Azure Government support plan, and will get benefit including:
- “Azure Government’s Enterprise Agreement (EA) will receive Standard 12 months support at no additional cost.
- Annual EA commitments of at least $100,000, or Azure Services consumption of at least $10,000 per month (for three consecutive months), will get Professional Direct support.
- Microsoft Premier customers on Azure Government will receive free upgrade to Government support, while the process takes place, a temporary access to Azure Professional Direct support will be given.
- All Azure Government free trial accounts now include Subscription Management and Billing support,” Microsoft explained.
The changes with new support plans include:
- “Consistent, predictable and responsive support services aligned with your needs and expectations.
- Ability to quickly contact support through Azure Government Portal using ‘New Support request’ option.
- While support incident submission is in Preview, the team notes, some features such as ‘Service Health Dashboard, File Attachment capabilities’ are are yet to come.
- Additionally, curstomer now have the ability to manage and keep track of all support requests, as well as real time incident monitoring, and an ability to change parameters and communicate with support.
- Now with automatic gathering of key information such as subscription and issue, customers request are more efficiently directed to specific experts responsible for Azure Government support,” writes Azure team.
Microsoft also published an Infographic about recursive, adaptive cloud security: