In the Microsoft Dynamic news, Microsoft announced "NEW Microsoft Dynamics Surestep Online." "Using NEW! Projects containing a subset of documents for an implementation, diagnostic, or optimization based project can be built and stored to your SharePoint using the new Sure Step Online Project Wizard," Microsoft stated.
- Each project created must be set for a specific Sure Step Project Type, a specific Microsoft Dynamics Product and Solution. New projects contain editable copies of all Sure Step documents applicable to these criteria.
- Projects are editable. You can customize them to leverage your own best practices or to make them customer- or solution-specific. You can do this by using the following methods:
- Adding new documents (and removing unneeded ones)
- Editing Sure Step documents
- Projects can be copied, or "cloned "from within SharePoint using SharePoint functionality.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you can create. The system is designed so that a new project should be initiated for each engagement
- Each time a project is created using the wizard, the latest content available from Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Online will be retrieved.
Microsoft Connector team posted a video walks through of the installation process for Connector for Microsoft Dynamics.
"The Microsoft Dynamics GP version of the Connector .msi is used for demonstration purposes, but the information required by the installer and the steps that are shown are identical for all of the versions of Connector's installer," the team notes.
Also, the Dynamics team has posted some helpful FAQs for the new 64-bit Hyper-V image set:
- Your primary login information for the image is:
- Name: Contoso\Administrator
- Password: pass@word1
- On the GP2010-A image, if you log in, there is a "Start Services" icon on the main desktop, but when the you try to run it, it gives you errors. RESPONSE: The errors are fine. Some of the Windows Services will not start but need to be set to automatic. The script is primarily for Exchange and Lync services. So you can safely ignore the errors.
- On the GP2010-B image, if you log in as 'sa', there is a "rsSharePoint" icon on the main desktop. What is it for? RESPONSE: You should not log in as Administrator, rather log in as Contoso\Administrator, and you won't see that icon.
- On the GP2010-B image, if you log in as 'sa', Outlook is not set up. RESPONSE: Log in as Contoso\Administrator and it'll work appropriately. All AD users are setup for Email and Lync. Only Contoso\Administrator and Phyllis have been through the Outlook wizard.
- The Business Portal Administration page is here.
- Workflow: It is under IE Favorites. The Menu Bar is not enabled, you might want to make that visible. Under Favorites there is BP and Workflow. Workflow site: All the workflow types are enabled, you just need to setup your workflow steps and enable in the company. Because multiple users have not yet been implemented, workflow approvals may be challenging.
- What to do if you're having issues with MR
- Make sure that you're logged in using the primary login information at the top of this page - you will get errors and have issues if you log in as "Administrator" and not "Contoso\Administrator".
- Make sure that both GP2010-A and GP2010-B images are running, and that their system clocks are within 5 minutes of each other on the same date/time.
- All databases had their dates normalized (consistent year) to 2018 (as the most "current" year). What does this mean when you start the image?
- If you use the Contoso Entertainment company and leave the machine date as the current date, the SRS reports are 0.
- If you use the Contoso Entertainment company and change the date to sometime in 2018, some dashboards have numbers. In future releases, we'll be evaluating the data displayed to ensure that its representative of the underlying data.
In other Microsoft Dynamic news, Microsoft announced the launch of the Microsoft Dynamics Marketing Services Bureau (MSB).
"We've assembled a wide variety of marketing services from Microsoft Dynamics-savvy vendors. Whether you need a list, consulting services, an outsourced Marketing Director or a social media solution, MSB can help fill your marketing gaps and accelerate your path to new leads. For example, you've seen the pre-launch special offers, and attended web seminars through the Marketing Professional Community. Well, now the wait is finally over," the company said.
Review offerings based on:
- Outbound Marketing: Demand Generation
- Inbound Marketing and Social Media
- Marketing Consulting and Content Creation
You can access the complete list on PartnerSource.