In the Microsoft Dynamic news, Microsoft announced “NEW Microsoft Dynamics Surestep Online.” “Using NEW! Projects containing a subset of documents for an implementation, diagnostic, or optimization based project can be built and stored to your SharePoint using the new Sure Step Online Project Wizard,” Microsoft stated.
- Each project created must be set for a specific Sure Step Project Type, a specific Microsoft Dynamics Product and Solution. New projects contain editable copies of all Sure Step documents applicable to these criteria.
- Projects are editable. You can customize them to leverage your own best practices or to make them customer- or solution-specific. You can do this by using the following methods:
- Adding new documents (and removing unneeded ones)
- Editing Sure Step documents
- Projects can be copied, or “cloned “from within SharePoint using SharePoint functionality.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you can create. The system is designed so that a new project should be initiated for each engagement
- Each time a project is created using the wizard, the latest content available from Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Online will be retrieved.
Microsoft Connector team posted a video walks through of the installation process for Connector for Microsoft Dynamics.
“The Microsoft Dynamics GP version of the Connector .msi is used for demonstration purposes, but the information required by the installer and the steps that are shown are identical for all of the versions of Connector’s installer,” the team notes.
Also, the Dynamics team has posted some helpful FAQs for the new 64-bit Hyper-V image set:
- Your primary login information for the image is:
- Name: Contoso\Administrator
- Password: pass@word1
- If you use the Contoso Entertainment company and leave the machine date as the current date, the SRS reports are 0.
- If you use the Contoso Entertainment company and change the date to sometime in 2018, some dashboards have numbers. In future releases, we’ll be evaluating the data displayed to ensure that its representative of the underlying data.
In other Microsoft Dynamic news, Microsoft announced the launch of the Microsoft Dynamics Marketing Services Bureau (MSB).
“We’ve assembled a wide variety of marketing services from Microsoft Dynamics-savvy vendors. Whether you need a list, consulting services, an outsourced Marketing Director or a social media solution, MSB can help fill your marketing gaps and accelerate your path to new leads. For example, you’ve seen the pre-launch special offers, and attended web seminars through the Marketing Professional Community. Well, now the wait is finally over,” the company said.
Review offerings based on:
- Outbound Marketing: Demand Generation
- Inbound Marketing and Social Media
- Marketing Consulting and Content Creation
You can access the complete list on PartnerSource.