SQL Azure Data Sync Preview available in the Windows Azure portal today revceived the third update and contains the following updates.
This release also brings the General Availability a stel closer.
"SQL Azure Data Sync allows organizations to easily synchronize between multiple on-premises databases and SQL Azure cloud databases--a key hybrid IT scenario."
- "Data Sync servers can now be created in all Windows Azure data centers, enabling Data Sync servers to be created close to the SQL Azure databases for the best possible performance.
- The Data Sync section of the Windows Azure portal is now localized in ten languages.
- Miscellaneous fixes and numerous usability improvements including," informs Azure team:
- Progress indicators are now available in the log for long running synchronizations.
- Error messages have been improved to better help you troubleshoot problems.
- Synchronization of self-referencing tables is now supported.
- A new version of the Data Sync Agent is available in the Download Center and it is highly recommended that existing agents are updated to the new version (available here).
If you've not used the Data Sync service and want to learn about it, the following video provides an overview of the service capabilities, target scenarios and shows the service in use:
Also, Windows Azure team released a new management API for Windows Azure Traffic Manager. "The new API improves Traffic Manager by allowing developers and IT professionals to script interactions with the service and to interface with the service programmatically," revealed Azure team.
For those not familiar with Windows Azure Traffic Manager, "it gives you control of how traffic is distributed between hosted services in different datacenters. Traffic Manager increases the perceived performance of your application by sending customer traffic to the closest datacenter, and it improves reliability by not sending traffic to hosted services that are down."
With this release, "developers now have full access to the management and creation of Traffic Manager policies, including the creation of a profile from scratch."
Documentation for the new Traffic Manager REST APIs can be found here.