Following yesterday release of Creators Update build 15031 in the Fast ring for PC, Microsoft just pushed the new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 for Mobile on Thursday to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
This new n build 15031 introducing a new share icon for apps that used the "share" font glyph in Segoe MDL2 assets, should get the change automatically.
Along side, a new Xbox One Insider Preview Build 15031 in the Alpha ring, adds the ability to set time limits for child accounts, and it also fixes a few issues.
The new build available today bring the build number to 15031.1003, or rs_xbox_dev_flight.170206-2328. If you're on the Preview Alpha ring, you can get this build by heading over to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Here are the full release notes:
You can now enable screen time limits for any child accounts in your family on Xbox One.
To get started...
- Navigate to https://account.microsoft.com/family.
- For a child who has logged in to the Xbox One previously, select the screen time link to the right of their profile. If you do not have a family set up, or a child in your family, you will need to invite them by selecting the Add a child button.
- After you select the screen time link, you'll be taken to the screen time page where you can enable screen time limits for the child, and adjust daily allowance and time limits.
- Once configured, your settings will be applied to your child's account when they log in to your Xbox One enrolled in the Xbox One Update Preview.
NOTE: When your child runs out of time, they will be signed out of their profile until a parent grants more time by entering their passkey on the Xbox One, or by configuring screen time settings at https://account.microsoft.com/family. When the time limit expires, it will not turn off the Xbox One.
If you encounter any issues or have feedback, please let us know via Report a problem.
- With profile sign-in settings set to "Lock it down", you should no longer be unable to sign in after playing a game.
- Resolved an issue which caused the Home screen to flash briefly after signing in with automatic sign-in enabled.
- Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like "Hey Cortana". The development team is continuing to tune and improve this.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Ubisoft Club
- When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- EA Access
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Guide Tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
- Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Here's a full changelog of Build 15031 for Mobile —other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed an issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
- We fixed an issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
- We fixed an issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn't be pasted.
- We fixed an issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- We also added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
- We've updated Keyboard Settings so that "Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon" is now off by default.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
- We fixed an issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC's file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. We also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to "exit game" unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
- We've improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
Known issues for Mobile
- Speech packs will be unable to download on this build.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Already paired devices should continue working.
- Bluetooth quick action in Action Center does not work.
- Continuum will not work when attempting to connect wirelessly. However, using Continuum with a dock should work normally.
- Wireless display functionality is not working (Miracast).
Update 02/11: Built-in Beam streaming is now live for Xbox Insider Program Alpha members:
- Turning on the Camera before starting a broadcast may cause the broadcast to fail and need to be restarted.
- In your live broadcast on https://beam.pro, you may sometimes encounter static followed by an error when stopping and starting your broadcast
- Workaround: Reload the web page.
- Sometimes selecting Accept on the Terms and Conditions can take a long time.
- Pausing and resuming a broadcast sometimes causes the audio and video to become out of sync.
- Sometimes opening and closing the Broadcast tab in the Guide can cause an error.
- Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the power button on the front of the console for 5 seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- You may be unable to broadcast certain games.
Here is how you can get started, complete all the following steps:
- Navigate to https://beam.pro in your browser, and select the Windows icon next to REGISTER to sign in with your Microsoft account (this will create a Beam account and link it to your Gamertag).
- On your Xbox One, launch a game.
- While the game is running, launch the Guide and navigate to the Broadcast tab (located above the Settings tab).
- Select "Broadcast your game".
- Accept the Terms of Service, and you will be directed to the Broadcast Controls page. From here you can configure numerous settings, including microphone, camera, camera position, and chat. You can also change the title of your broadcast.
- Once you've configured your broadcast, select "Start broadcast" to broadcast to Beam. You can verify your broadcast is live by navigating to the web address on the Broadcast tab in the Guide (ie. beam.pro/BroHammersley).
- Instead of doing the steps from this guide, however, you also have the option of completing the 'Beam Me Up' Quest in the Insider Hub. Remember, if you become inactive with Surveys and Quests, you can get booted from the Alpha ring, so it might make more sense to get started that way.