A new YouTube video on Google's official YouTube channel introduces a new Gmail interface. The new UI revealed in the video is based on the Preview theme, launched on June 30 this year, comes with following other changes:
- an action bar that uses icons instead of text labels,
- completely new interface for conversations,
- profile pictures next to contacts,
- flexible layout that adapts to any window size,
- display density options like in Google Docs,
- resizable chat/labels sections,
- new high-definition themes, and
- an updated search box that includes advanced options.
In additon, also, note, there is a new arrow added next to "Mail" and the links to Google Contacts and Google Tasks are missing.
The new UI is still not available, but it is expected to be available anytime soon.
Here are some pictures of the new GMail UI and the video embedded below:
Here is the video: (Note: the official video is now in private mode)