Google today launched a new Billing tab in the UK to give you more control over when and how much you're charged with the new 'Make a payment' functionality. Those of you on automatic payments get charged whenever you reach your billing threshold on or after 30 days, but in addition to that, you can now make manual payments to delay the automatic charge. The upgrade doesn't require any action from you - your billing method and form of payment will stay the same.
What can you expect from your updated Billing tab?
- Get more control. Choose to initiate a payment to your account at any time and use any form of payment available with your country and currency settings.
- Make payments directly from your billing summary page by clicking the "Make a payment" button.
- Switch between automatic and manual payments
- Add multiple forms of payments and switch between them.
- Use different business and billing addresses. Plus, each form of payment can have a different billing address.
- Access improved help content in the new Billing tab and Help Centre.
"In addition, the below changes in terminology will be reflected in your upgraded Billing tab. But keep in mind that despite the name changes, these billing methods will function the same as they did previously."
- "Postpay is now called "automatic payments." We'll automatically charge you only after your ads accrue costs.
- Prepay is now called "manual payments." You can make payments to your account whenever and in whatever amount you like. Your ad costs draw from those funds.
- Direct debit is now called "bank account." Your funds will be debited from your bank account.
- Bank transfer is now called "funds transfer." You can make payments by transferring funds to Google's bank account," stated Google.
More Info: FAQ in Help Center.
[tags]billing,uk,united kingdom, [/tags]