Auction insights report in Google Adwords gives valuable insight "based on the impressions you're eligible for, you can see how often your competitors' ads are appearing above yours or whether one of your competitors has a higher impression share than you on an important keyword."
Today, Google added new functionality to the "Auction insights" report that make it easier to get a bird's eye view of competitive landscape. "Now, in addition to running an Auction insights report on a single keyword you can also run a report on some new launched scenarios," informs Google.
The scenarios include:
- "Groups of keywords. You can now filter your keyword list, "just select the keywords you want to include, and run an Auction insights report on the selected terms to see how your performance on those terms compares to that of your top competitors," google explains.
- Individual or multiple ad groups. Now, from the ad groups tab, "you can select one or more ad groups to run an Auction insights report." This feature will "show you how your performance on all eligible keywords within those ad groups compares to advertisers who most commonly compete with you on those terms."
- Individual or multiple campaigns. Now, "you can select one or more campaigns from the campaigns tab, and run an Auction insights report there to see how the competitive landscape looks at that high level"," explains Google.
Visit this AdWords Help Center, for more information on how to run an Auction insights report, how to interpret your data, or create a filter.
Google will begin automatically upgrading all legacy campaigns on July 22nd, 2013 to new Enhanced campaigns. To this end, the AdWords team today launched some new features in the Upgrade Center to make the process of upgrading even easier.
In additon to new features, Google also revealed that "more than three million campaigns already upgraded to ehanched campaigns."
Improvements to the upgrade center include:
- "Increased flexibility when copying keywords: When merging campaigns, have increased control over how keywords are copied (or not copied) from the mobile to the desktop campaign.
- Automatic labelling of newly copied keywords: As and when "keywords, ads, or ad groups are copied or merged, they'll be labelled as having been modified by the upgrade center."
- Uninterrupted keyword level tracking: Two matching campaigns with different mobile and desktop keyword-level destination URLs, "will now be merged automatically." "The mobile URL will show on mobile phones and the desktop URL will show on non-mobile," informs Google.
- Google says it will soon launch Bulk upload functionality: "Ad extensions and ad groups will soon be exportable to AdWords Editor."
The new features are rolling out over the next week.