Rebuilt AdMob, incorporating the best technology from Google ad platforms, like AdSense to help small mobile app developers grow their business is launched today.
“Starting today, we’ll begin rolling out the new AdMob to our developers. We expect it to be available for all of our developers globally in the coming months,” google stated.
AdMob developer, will now see a notice in your account asking you to upgrade to the new AdMob.
Some of the features available with the new AdMob are:
- “Smarter app promotion: Conversion Optimizer is now available to app developers using AdMob to promote their apps, “so they can get the best possible number of installs for their budget.” “Choose a target cost per acquisition for each download, and Conversion Optimizer will show ads when they are most likely to lead to an install,” google explains.
- Robust ad filters offer developers “more control over which ads appear in their apps, by blocking sensitive categories,” so they can increase relevancy and protect their brand.
- Maximized earnings: Developers who want to show ads in their apps from more than one ad network, can now use AdMob Mediation with a new, simplified setup.
- Local currency payments now available to developers eliminates “the time spend on calculating currency conversions and organizing money transfers.”
- Google also made available a new intelligent reporting interface, that enables app developers to slice the data in many ways with multi-dimensional reports that help them identify opportunities to grow. “They can break down their reports over time by app or ad unit, platform, country, bid type, and more”,” Google added.
In addition, Google also launched two new, long-awaited features in AdSense that provide you with a more detailed segmentation of traffic in your reports.
Combining different reporting dimensions
In addition to viewing a country breakdown for reports by ad type, bid type, and targeting type, you’ll now also be able to see a Countries report when viewing the reporting dimensions URL channel, custom channel, and ad unit.
“This will allow you to segment your traffic further and get a better understanding of your account performance in different locations,” informs Google.
Countries report shows performance broken down by the country of users who engaged with the ads on your pages.
Google notes, that country breakdown of reports by URL channel, custom channel, and ad unit will only be available for reports with date ranges starting March 9th and later.
Google also introducing a new reporting type for “Owned sites.”
“”Owned” sites are all sites specified as owned in the site management feature, and the new reporting dimension for Owned sites will be a subset of the Sites report. In contrast to the Sites report, however, you’ll be able to combine the Owned sites report with the Countries report. This will allow you to segment your traffic in more detail and understand the performance of your sites across different countries,” Google expalins.
Please note that historical data in Owned sites reports will be available from the date that a site was added or claimed as “owned”. “You’ll only be able to view country breakdowns for Owned sites for reports with date ranges starting March 22nd 2011 or later,” Google ads.
If a site is removed from the “Owned” sites list, it will no longer show in the report.