The RTM of the .NET Micro Framework version 4.2 is now released to CodePlex. V4.2 provides the following new features:
- “Remote Firmware Update: The .NET Micro Framework SDK and PK now support updating your device firmware remotely.
- Complete Cryptographic Object Model over PCKS #11: Most types and algorithms used in the desktop framework are now supported. PKCS #11 allows extensibility at the firmware level for adding new cryptographic tokens.
- 1-Wire, PWM and A/D object model: Support for PWM and A/D operations is now provided as a standard interface. 1-Wire is provided through a community development effort
- SNTP and FTP (client and server): Support for SNTP and FTP is provided as a community development effort.
- StringBuilder and Regex types: Support for StringBuilder and Regex is provided as a community development effort.
- VB.NET: The SDK now support VB.NET.
- Support for Cortex M3 devices with STM32 processor family samples: The support for the STM32 family is provided as a community development effort and features two solutions for two different development boards. See the Porting Kit for details.
- PKStudio: PKStudio supplements SolutionWizard to create solutions for the Porting Kit environment. See the Porting Kit distribution for details. (PKStudio code can be in the community branch under %SPOCLIENT%\CLR\Tools\PlatformDesigner\PKStudio and the binaries are instead in the %SPOCLIENT%\Tools\bin\PKStudio directory ready to use),” revealed Microsoft.
You can download the SDK and PK as well as the all sources from Codeplex project, client_v4_2 branch, at change number 13620.