Microsoft just released a new MSN app for iPad, that bring the same exclusive and original content as found on the new-look MSN UK.
"Just like its desktop counterpart, the MSN iPad app uses Bing to search the web. The Bing search box can be found at the top of your screen. To perform a search just tap into the Bing search box located at the top of the app. Bing will perform a web search without leaving the app - just hit 'search' on the keyboard to begin. When you're done, tap the blue 'Done' button to close the search window," informed Leena Shah in a Microsoft Advertising blog post.
Here is what the MSN iPad app offers:
- In the News channel you can find all of the latest-breaking UK and world news, as well as the web's oddest news stories.
- The Sportchannel contains all of the latest happenings in the world of football, rugby, cricket, Formula One and more.
- If you like Entertainment, you will find a wealth of TV, movies, music and celebrity gossip here.
- MSN's award-winning MSN Carschannel has everything for the motoring enthusiast, with comprehensive buyers' guides, car reviews and used car listings.
- Lifestyle is the place to go to find everything you need to know to look good and feel great; it also includes expert insight into Tech & Gadgets, Food, Travel and Money.
- MSN's Video hub includes a bumper-crop of classic TV shows and the web's funniest viral videos.
The free MSN iPad app can be easily installed either from the App Store or iTunes (on your PC/Mac).
- iPad:Make sure you have turned on WiFi or have 3G enabled. Click on the App Store icon from your iPad home screen. Search for "MSN iPad".
- iTunes: Open iTunes on your PC/Mac. Select the 'iTunes Store' from the menu on the left - it's underneath 'Store'. Click on the App Store tab. There are buttons for both iPad and iPhone apps, to see apps specifically available for the iPad click on the iPad button.