This blog post lists number of Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) resources that can help make the move to Windows 7 a bit easier.
- Microsoft Asset Inventory Service (AIS) help you better understand hardware & software in your inventory while you're planning Win7 deployment.
- Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM) is an agentless monitoring system that can help give you a deeper understanding of errors in your environment.
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) can help make it easier to not only deploy applications but to also maintain them over time.
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) provides a solution for provisioning and managing virtual machines on desktop computers.
- Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM). Group Policy is one of the simplest and best ways to take control of the computers in your organization. Organizations moving from XP to Win7 will find that Win7 provides many more opportunities to manage settings. However, Group Policy doesn't provide a role-based workflow for managing Group Policy objects (GPOs). AGPM provides that missing role-based workflow, allowing you to manage who can edit, review, approve, and deploy them in to production.
- Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) provides a set of tools that you can use to troubleshoot and repair them. Like AGPM, DaRT is super easy to set up, and it doesn't leave a foot print on your infrastructure.