The MOSDAL (Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics and Logging) Support Toolkit released to Microsoft Download Center performs network diagnostics and collects configuration and logging information.
“MOSDAL Support Toolkit collects system configuration, network configuration, service-based applications’ configuration and logging data along with performing network diagnostics,” Microsoft stated.
MOSDAL Support Toolkit can be used by anyone having issues with the Microsoft Online services.
Installation and usage instructions
- Download the ZIP file and extract the files to an easily accessible folder, such as the Desktop.
- Run setup.exe, which will verify the pre-requisites of MOSDAL.
- When running setup.exe, the MOSDAL.msi file must exist in the same folder as setup.exe.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions provided in the setup wizard.
- The installer places the MOSDAL toolkit in the specified location and creates start menu and desktop shortcuts that enable easy access.
- An Installation Complete window appears as soon as the installation is complete.
- Users of earlier versions of MOSDAL should uninstall earlier versions of the MOSDAL support toolkit before installing new versions.
Note The MOSDAL support toolkit must be run on the computer where the problems occur and in the context of the user who has problems with the service.
To start MOSDAL after it is installed, click Start, point to All Programs, point to MOSDAL Support Toolkit, and then click MOSDAL Support Toolkit.
When a new MOSDAL report is generated, a new folder is created under the MOSDAL directory in the user’s My Documents folder. A subfolder that contains diagnostic data is then created when the tool is executed.
- When choosing Network Diagnostics, the folder created is of the syntax REPORTS-Date_Time. For example, REPORTS_6_17_2011_10_25_21_AM indicates that files were collected on June 17, 2011 at 10:25:21 AM. This folder contains subfolders which contain the collected data.
When the report is finished, click the Close and open the MOSDAL Reports folder to view the report that just finished generating. The compiled report is compressed into a file named MOSDALREPORT.zip.