In Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, Microsoft has introduced a new virtual hard disk format called "VHDX" that provides a disk-in-a-file abstraction.
The company has today released VHDX Format Specification v1.00 under the Microsoft Open Source Promise (OSP) initiative to help guide development of "VHDX" virtual hard disk format implementations that are compatible with those provided by Microsoft.
"This specification assumes that you are familiar with hard disk technologies, including how hard disks interface with the operating system or a virtual machine and understand how data is accessed and laid out on the physical medium," Micosoft stated.
There are a number of advantages to VHDX format: "Support for greater than 2TB disks; Better performance for dynamic and differencing disks; Better handling of different disk sector sizes; and more…"
"Over the last 2 years, more Windows licenses have been sold than Android, iOS and Mac combined. Are you ready to publish your app?," Microsoft poses in a new promo video, that shows app developers why they should be a part of the Windows 8 journey.
System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Beta Integration Pack for Exchange User enables you to facilitate the automation of user centric tasks, such as sending e-mail messages, creating appointments and updating tasks.
The Integration Pack for Exchange Users is an add-on for System Center 2012 SP1 beta- Orchestrator lets:
- "Create Item- creating new email, appointment, contact group and task items
- Create and Send E-Mail- create a new email and send it
- Delete Item-Deleting existing email, appointment, contact group and task items
- Get Item- get specific email, appointment, contact group or task items
- Find Appointment- find appointments or recurring exceptions occurrences
- Forward Item- forward existing e-mail message or appointment
- Monitor Item- monitor new and/or modified items (i.e. new email or updated appointment)
- Move or Copy Item- move or copy email to another folder
- Reply to E-Mail- reply to an existing email
- Send E-Mail- send an existing email
- Update Item- update Appointment, Contact Group, E-Mail Messages or Task items," informs Microsoft.
The general availability of the Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8 announced today comes with improvements in the SDKs performance, stability and the range of consumer experiences it supports.
Below is a list of some of the improvements in the GA of SDK:
- "Provides helper API's for the XAML version of the SDK to work around the WebView control z-index issue. "The new Suspend/Resume API can be used to temporarily convert the WebView control into a WebViewBrush when content is covering the ad," explains Microsoft Advertising.
- Made performance improvements with scrolling/panning in XAML applications. This can be detected using the IsPerformanceScrollingEnabled property.
- Addressed a variety of stability improvements and bug fixes," the Microsoft Advertising blog informs.
The full updated API documentation can be found on MSDN.
- VHDX Format Specification v1.00.
- System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Beta Integration Pack for Exchange User
- Microsoft Advertising Ad SDK for Windows 8
Microsoft's New England campus in Cambridge, Mass., include a new, state-of-the-art Microsoft Technology Center (MTC).
The new campus, located at "One Cambridge Center" in Kendall Square -- is just blocks from another state-of-the-art Microsoft facility, the New England Research and Development Center (NERD), and will host sales, marketing, services, advertising and online employees on seven floors in one of the most progressively designed office, training and collaboration spaces in the region.
Microsoft has more than 3,000 partners in Massachusetts.