The CNG SDK contains documentation, code, and tools designed to help you develop cryptographic applications and libraries targeting the Windows Vista Operating System.What’s New in v1.1
This release of the kit incorporates a number of significant changes, including:
- Reworked sample code. In particular, the symmetric crypto provider sample has been substantially rewritten to make it easier to read and use as a basis for your own providers.
- There’s a new sample that shows how to call CNG functions from kernel mode.
- The samples build either as Visual Studio projects, or using the Windows SDK build environment.
- The documentation has gone through another cycle of editing, based on feedback from early users.
- The installation procedure now puts some convenient links into the Start menu, making it easier to find the samples, the help file, and the license.