The dev team announced the addition of the Microsoft Virtual Earth ASP.NET Control. The Windows Live Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 are a set of control add-ins to make incorporating Windows Live services into your Web application easier with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Web Developer 2008.
This is something I’ve been waiting impatiently for, for quite a while because it makes it easier for developers to build really powerful mapping technology into their applications. Given that around 80% of the world’s data has a geographic component there are many opportunities to get a powerful geo visualisation to allow people to make decisions more quickly.
The other controls that you can now easily pop into your apps include:
- Map Control *new!* (reference) - link coming shortly
- Contacts Control (reference)
- IDLogin Control (reference)
- IDLoginView Control (reference)
- MessengerChat Control (reference)
- SilverlightStreamingMedia Control (reference)