On Oct. 11, get a first look at Microsoft Dynamics 365, the next generation of intelligent business applications, with Scott Guthrie unveils it.
Microsoft Dynamics 365, the next generation of intelligent business applications is designed to enable organizations to grow, evolve and transform.
There will be live demos of Microsoft Dynamics 365, and you'll learn how these applications unify CRM and ERP capabilities into applications that help manage specific business functions seamlessly.
This event, claims to be as "the leading live conference for Microsoft Dynamics AX, CRM, GP, and NAV users", will also include perspectives on digital transformation from business leaders and industry experts.
The Summit 16, will be hosted in Tampa Bay, FL, and runs through October 11-14 with livestreamed at 11:30 a.m. PT.
In other news today, with October, now it's time to remember to 'STOP. THINK. CONNECT.'
Today 10/04, National Cyber Security Awareness Month, a 31 days focused on "raising public awareness and educating individuals and families about staying safer and more secure online" is kicked off by the National Cyber Security Alliance and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Microsoft notes, this year marks six years since the launch of "STOP. THINK. CONNECT.," the month's signature safety campaign – a simple, actionable message aimed at encouraging people to help safeguard their digital lifestyles, Jacqueline Beauchere says.
Finally, Microsoft in a statment issued to ZDNet confirmed that there will not be a Microsoft Band 3 this year and that the Band 2 has officially been pulled off from Microsoft's online retail store.
"We have sold through our existing Band 2 inventory and have no plans to release another Band device this year. We remain committed to supporting our Microsoft Band 2 customers through Microsoft Stores and our customer support channels and will continue to invest in the Microsoft Health platform, which is open to all hardware and apps partners across Windows, iOS, and Android devices."
Also today, Microsoft Authenticator: iOS now supports push approval for Microsoft accounts offering users now the same experience that Azure AD users get.
Those who are already using the app for Microsoft account with one-time passcodes, "must re-add their account to take advantage of the new push feature," writes microsoft.
According to the Google Play Store listing today, features of the Android version of the SharePoint app include the following:
- Get to team sites and intranet portals you visit frequently or follow, as well as promoted resources (Links) programmed by your organization
- View team site activity based on recent and popular files
- Gain full access to your document libraries using the new integration with the OneDrive app. Edit your files easily using Office Mobile apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- Find and browse for people you frequently work with. Tap on a user to get to their profile card to see who they work with, and what they are working on
- And you can always perform an Enterprise Search to find sites, files and people throughout your organization. Suggested content from Microsoft Graph pops up as you type
Another application in the news today is, "Grapholite" that gives you the tools you need to create all types of business graphics and technical drawings, whether it's a "flow chart, floor plan, network layout, uml, sketch or illustration."
A unique "sketch" mode allows single-click styling of any figure as if it had been sketched by hand. And hundreds of stencils – complex objects, not just static images – are ready for use in more complicated drawings, too.
You can get Grapholite from Windows Store.
Do you know, Microsoft Edge is the only browser with the built-in functionality that gives users the ability to take notes, write, doodle and highlight directly on webpages.
To write on the webpage directly in Edge, you can do this with either your finger on a touch-enabled device, or with a pen, or with your mouse or trackpad.
Update 10/05: Office Insider Preview build for Mac users in the Slow ring version 15.27 (161003) is released today bringing the following features:
- More functions: In Excel, use CONCAT or TEXTJOIN to shorten your text formulas, or try the forecasting functions to help you see the future. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- Trim audio and video files: In PowerPoint, trim unwanted content from the beginning or the end of your audio or video files. You can also trigger an animation by using a bookmark in your media file. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- Make sure your notes are accessible: In OneNote, find and fix accessibility issues in your notes using the Accessibility Checker on the Tools menu.
- Try our new designs: In OneNote, we've made some changes to help you get around your notes.
Check them out by turning on Preferences > General > Enable experimental features, and let us know what you think!