Public Preview for System Center Management Packs for SQL Server and Dashboards as on September 5, 2016 is released for download.
The team notes, there are some bug fixes and great performance improvements for the dashboards which should make this a great release for you. Included in the download are:
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012 (126.96.36.199)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014 (188.8.131.52)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2016 (184.108.40.206)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server Dashboards (220.127.116.11)
In addition, team is also getting ready to update the SQL Server Management Packs.
Here's a changelog for what's new in SQL Server 2014/2016 MP features and fixes (verbatim):
- "Disabled Memory-Optimized Data Garbage Collection Fill Factor monitor and rule by default
- Disabled Memory-Optimized Data workflows for all SQL Server instances, except for Developer, Enterprise, and Evaluation editions
- Fixed issue: CPU Usage monitor & rule does not work for SQL Server cluster instance
- Fixed issue: connection to an SQL Server instance is not closing when the destination was wrong
- Fixed issue: in some cases, Set Database Online/Offline tasks do not work for databases of SQL Server 2016 cluster instance
- Made detection condition stricter for DB User Policy event-based discovery: added management group name
- Made detection condition stricter for Script Failed alerting rule: added management group name
- Added support for configurations where computer host names are longer than 15 symbols
- Added "Event ID" to descriptions of all the alerts generated by the alerting rules
- Deprecated "Run As Account does not exist on the target system, or does not have enough permissions" rule
- Added 2 rules for alerts generating when there are problems with execution of the monitoring workflows scripts on the following agents: "MSSQL: Monitoring failed" and "MSSQL: Monitoring warning"
- Added "MSSQL 20XX: Discovery warning" rules to generate alerts when there are non-critical problems with execution of the discovery scripts (warning events in the Operations Manager log)
- Changed "MSSQL 20XX: Discovery failed" rules to generate alerts for only critical errors during executing discovery scripts
- Improved error logging in the MP scripts
- Fixed some issues in the scripts, which could lead to unstable work with WMI
- Fixed the issue when not all available performance counters were presented at "All Performance Data" view in Memory-Optimized Data sub-folder
- Added a new overridable parameter to monitor "Stale Checkpoint File Pairs Ratio" in order to ignore databases having the number of checkpoint file pairs less than the threshold (300 by default)
- Made "Resources Pool Memory Consumption (rollup)" enabled by default
- Updated the visualization library," explained SQL team.
You can download Microsoft System Center Management Packs (Community Technical Preview 2) for SQL Server here.
In other news, Sprightly Android app, a Microsoft Garage team product enables you to be creative and quickly create content for both your businesses and personal needs updates today.
Since its February launch, Garage team has steadily updated the app and today it brings support for video magazine creation and new image filters.
Heres's what's New in version 1.0.7331.2003:
- An exciting new Video intent is shipping with Sprightly. Create a video magazine and share in seconds
- Pinch and Rotate your images
- Add great image filters
Microsoft Sprightly app is available on Play Store.
After begining pre-orders for HP Elite x3 in the United States, just two weeks ago, Microsoft is now indicating that the new flagship Windows 10 Mobile device would be releasing on September 26.
Microsoft has be dilly-delaying the release of the Elite x3. It's not yet clear if the delay affecting pre-orders from the Microsoft Store will also impact upon deliveries direct from HP.com.
Apart from other features, the Elite x3 also includes Desk Dock accessory that allows owners to use a mouse and keyboard with the handset, when connected to a larger display.
Additionally, it comes pre-installed with an earlier version of Windows 10 Mobile, but should get the Anniversary Update. HP has already delivered its first over-the-air firmware update for the handset in the UK, where it's available since August.
Key specifications of Elite x3 include:
5.96-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and anti-reflective coating