Microsoft made available four new Microsoft PowerShell cmdlets for you to use with Microsoft Online Services. The first two cmdlets below let you manage alternate recipient settings for a user's mailbox. The last cmdlets help you enable or disable POP access for a specific user's mailbox.
- Clear-MSOnlineAlternateRecipient cmdlet lets you remove all alternate recipient settings for a user’s mailbox in MOS. Clearing these settings will stop incoming messages from being forwarded to a designated alternate e-mail address and will restore delivery to the original recipient’s mailbox.
- Set-MSOnlineAlternateRecipient cmdlet let you to set an alternate recipient for a user’s mailbox in MOS. The cmdlet supports the following delivery scenarios for incoming e-mail messages:
- Messages are delivered to the recipient’s mailbox and forwarded to an alternate e-mail address.
- Messages are forwarded to an alternate e-mail address without delivery to the intended recipient’s mailbox.
- Disable-MSOnlinePOPAccess cmdlet disable POP3 access for a specific user’s mailbox in MOS.
- Enable-MSOnlinePOPAccess cmdlet enable POP3 access for a specific user’s mailbox in MOS.