Here's a few items in additon to the PhotoZoom post that’re worth highlighting:
- Matt Augstine from the PhotoZoom team has given some info about how the service works, and mentions that its using Silverlight Streaming.
- John (of John & Bronwen of ViaWindowsLive) has written about how developers can recreate the Hard Rock Cafe experience, and includes the code for panning and zooming
- Angus embeds a PhotoZoom album on his own blog and doesn't share the love. The three steps to PhotoZoom sharing heaven are:
- View your zooming album on PhotoZoom, so that the url reads: photozoom.mslivelabs.com/Album.aspx?alias=XXX&album=X
- View the page source and find the following: "silverlight.services.live.com"
- Copy the entire iframe code, which will look something like this:
scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="800" height="600"></iframe>
You can customise the width and height as required, then just paste your code into your own website/blog etc. See below (you'll need Silverlight 2 beta 1 installed)
Microsoft, PhotoZoom, Deep Zoom, Silverlight