Make the switch to OneDrive for improved productivity and cost savings says Microsoft who is currently offering Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive users a free remaining term of contract to make a switch to OneDrive for Business.
OneDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage service makes file management and sharing easier as it allow people to securely store, access and share files and photos in the cloud. Also, it’s the only service that allows you to work with Office 365 and provides real-time co-authoring within Office Online and Office 2016 apps for mobile, PC, and Mac. It also provide personalized search and discovery powered by the Microsoft Graph.
According to Microsoft already 350,000 plus organizations now have OneDrive, and those who have adopted are able to reduce costs with improved teamwork and mobile productivity, while making it easier to protect and manage company data.
“Just in 2017, OneDrive storage and file sync usage have both tripled. “
“We are making it easier for new customers to make the switch by offering free OneDrive for Business for the remaining term of their existing contract with Box, Dropbox, or Google,” the company wrote.
Microsoft notes organization that decide to make a switch to OneDrive for free can leverage Microsoft FastTrack as well. “FastTrack is customer success service that help in smooth transition to OneDrive and Office 365. “
For more information, you can see the following comparison chart to see more reasons to make a switch to OneDrive over Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive:
The offer is only valid to organizations who make a minimum 500 users commitment and those who are not currently OneDrive for Business or Office 365 customers.
Lastly, at the Ignite conference, Microsoft showcased over hundred groundbreaking OneDrive innovations, including:
- Secured external file sharing without the need for a Microsoft account, giving users an easier way to share externally while providing IT departments visibility and control of what’s being shared. Learn more at the OneDrive Tech Community.
- Support for browsing and managing all your files in OneDrive and SharePoint Online team sites without using local disk space with OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10. For more details, read “OneDrive Files On-Demand for the Enterprise.”
- Powerful multi-geo capabilities for OneDrive for Business in Office 365 to support the data residency requirements of multinational organizations.
- Files Restore, a self-service recovery solution for OneDrive for Business files compromised due to accidental deletion, file corruption, or malware infection.
- Making Office and OneDrive the best place to work on iOS with real-time co-authoring on Office documents, drag and drop support, and integration with the Apple Files app.