The FREE MATH add-in for Microsoft Word and OneNote, is free and extends the math equation writer that is in the MS Word that is supplied with all versions of Word.
The extension is that it will not only write the equations it will solve the equations and graph them for you. There are limitations, for example a large matrix won’t work because of the way MS Word works, but a 3 by 3 and so forth will work.
“The add-in makes it easy to plot graphs in 2D and 3D, calculate numerical results, solve equations or inequalities, and simplify algebraic expressions in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks,” Microsoft stated.
“You can perform mathematical calculations and plot graphs in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks. The add-in also provides an extensive collection of mathematical symbols and structures to display clearly formatted mathematical expressions. You can also quickly insert commonly used expressions and math structures by using the Equation gallery,” the Redmond company added .
The Microsoft Mathematics Add-in can help you with the following tasks:
- Compute standard mathematical functions, such as roots and logarithms
- Compute trigonometric functions, such as sine and cosine
- Find derivatives and integrals, limits, and sums and products of series
- Perform matrix operations, such as inverses, addition, and multiplication
- Perform operations on complex numbers
- Plot 2-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates
- Plot 3-D graphs in Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
- Solve equations and inequalities
- Calculate statistical functions, such as mode and variance, on lists of numbers
- Factor polynomials or integers
- Simplify or expand algebraic expressions
You can download Microsoft Mathematics Add-In for Word and OneNote here.