Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Protocol Workloads Poster 5.12 shows each workload in Lync Server 2010, describing relationships, dependencies, the servers that initiate connections, and certificate requirements. Relationships between Microsoft Lync 2010 communications software, Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition, Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, Microsoft Lync Web App, and other communications software are also described.
SIP and XMPP connection patterns are shown for Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Gmail, and Jabber.
The latest update is version 5.12 is available for download here.
IIS Media Services 4.1 is an integrated HTTP-based media delivery platform. This download adds additional features and enhancements to your existing IIS Media Services 4.0 installation, including:
This download installs the features for both IIS Media Services 4.0 and IIS Media Services 4.1 at the same time. "IIS Media Services is a set of media-related extensions for Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 and higher. IIS Media Services provides an integrated HTTP-based media delivery platform," Microsoft stated and includes:
- Smooth Streaming. Enables adaptive streaming of on-demand media files for Smooth Streaming-compatible clients, including Microsoft® Silverlight®.
- Live Smooth Streaming. Enables adaptive streaming of live media broadcasts for Smooth Streaming-compatible clients and for Apple® mobile digital devices.
- Bit Rate Throttling. Meters the speed at which media is delivered to a player.
- Web Playlists. Enables secure sequencing and server-side control of media content.
Web Deploy v3.0 Release Candidate simplifies migration, management and deployment of IIS Web servers, Web applications and Web sites. "Administrators can use command-line scripting with the Web Deployment Tool to synchronize IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0 and IIS 8.0 servers or to migrate an IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 servers to IIS 8.0," Microsoft stated.
The Web Deployment Tool also enables administrators and delegated users to use IIS Manager to deploy ASP.NET and PHP applications to an IIS 7.0 and later servers.
Migrate Web applications between IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0 and IIS8.0 with ease
Simplify the planning of your IIS 7.0 to IIS 8.0 migrations by determining incompatibilities and previewing the proposed changes before starting the process.
Microsoft has enabled Consumerization of IT (CoIT) through many technologies for many years and now helps IT managers face security, compliance and compatibility issues they might deal with and give users access to corporate intellectual property from ubiquitous devices, both managed and unmanaged. Together, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 Enterprise add unique features to enable such scenarios.
Test Lab Guides (TLGs) that allow you to get hands-on experience using a pre-defined and tested methodology that results in a working configuration for the most frequent and relevant CoIT scenarios. When you use a TLG to create a CoIT test lab, instructions tell you what servers to create, how to configure the operating systems and platform services, and how to install and configure any additional products, technologies or devices. A TLG experience enables you to see all of the components and the configuration steps on both the front-end and back-end that go into a single- or multi-product or technology solution.
This TLG demonstrates how forthcoming Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 Enterprise can allow to work anywhere with a personal computer and just an USB key or an external hard drive protected by BitLocker, while enjoying connectivity to his workplace.
As of this writing, it comes as an addition to a series of TLGs entitled Consumerization of IT Test Lab Guides that illustrates key CoIT scenarios with current Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server 2008 R2.
Download Consumerization of IT Test Lab Guide: Windows To Go USB with DirectAccess from here.
Microsoft Online Services Diagnostic and Logging Support Toolkit 4.5 introduces a number of exciting new features and improved the user experience yet again so both customers and administrators can collect the right data, for the right problem.
This release of MOSDAL include features like the Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (RCA) tool, Domains and DNS diagnostics, and multi-threaded execution.
- Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (RCA) - This test is included in the Exchange Online service diagnostics, and includes tests that can help troubleshoot Outlook and Exchange connectivity issues. In the results, you'll find detailed output for the following tests:
- Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP): This test validates the connectivity for Outlook Anywhere for a specific mailbox. You can use the Autodiscover service to validate these settings or manually specify the server settings.
- Outlook Autodiscover: This test verifies that the Autodiscover service is configured correctly for Outlook Anywhere. This test doesn't actually connect to a mailbox.
- Exchange Hybrid Deployment Configuration - This test is included in the Exchange Online service diagnostics and helps to troubleshoot issues in a hybrid deployment of Exchange Server on-premises and Exchange Online in the cloud. Specific hybrid configuration log files are captured, and in addition, MOSDAL connects to the Exchange Management Shell and runs the following commands on behalf of the logged in user.
- Domains and DNS service - This service was added to help troubleshoot domain verification issues, as well as DNS replication issues. First, MOSDAL queries all the DNS records that need to be present for Exchange Online and Lync Online to function properly. Next, the tool connects to the Microsoft Online Services Module for Windows PowerShell and runs the commands below to help diagnose problems with domain verification.
- Multi-threaded execution - This allows for multiple diagnostics to be run at the same time, drastically reducing the overall time the tool takes to generate a MOSDAL report.
Download MOSDAL 4.5 and the available training.