Microsoft Lync Online Web Scheduler is now available, is a "web-based meeting scheduling and management tool for users who don't have access to Microsoft Outlook, or use a non-Windows operating system."
"With Lync Online Web Scheduler, you can create new meetings, modify your existing meetings, and send invitations using your favorite email program," informs Microsoft.
You can access the Lync Online Web Scheduler at https://sched.lync.com simply by using your account ID and password. "Your support team will provide you with an account ID and password so that you can access Web Scheduler," added Microsoft.
Here is how to schedule an online meeting or conference call?
- Log on to Web Scheduler with your organization's Windows Live ID, or Microsoft Online Services account.
- Click Create New Meeting on the left pane.
- In the Subject box, type a subject for the meeting.
- You can leave the meeting location as Online Meeting, or add a location, such as a conference room, if you have in-person attendees as well.
- Type a short message, or the meeting agenda in the Message box, (optional).
- Select the time zone of the meeting using the drop-down menu.
- Select the Start and End date/time of the meeting.
- By default, everyone including people outside your company can bypass the lobby, which is a virtual waiting area that lets you admit people or deny access. For information about how to modify the options, see Customize the meeting roles and permissions.
- By default, anyone invited from your organization has presenter permissions. For information about how to modify the options, see Customize the meeting roles and permissions.
- Under Invitations and Audio, add the participants' names in the available box, separated by a semicolon (;).
- Click Check names to verify that you have the correct names. For invitees who are external to your company, type the full email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Web Scheduler doesn't check the availability of participants or conference rooms.
- If your account is set up with an Audio Conferencing Provider, the meeting invitation will include the toll-free number, toll number, and participant code. The meeting participants can use computer audio, or call in to the meeting, depending on their preference.
- Click Save.
For more information about scheduling, customizing, and joining meetings using the Lync Online Web Scheduler, check out this Microsofot Office.com article.