Microsoft just posted a list of its upcoming 30 U.S. and Canadian pop-up stores for the holiday season.
The new stores will expand Microsoft's footprint to more locations, providing customers the opportunity to learn new technology skills, get the most out of their Microsoft-enabled devices and engage with knowledgeable staff to identify the best products for their personal and gift-giving needs.
Microsoft planned to open 75 new Microsoft Stores in the subsequent two to three years. There are curently about two dozen Microsoft Stores. Microsoft will have 44 permanent retail stores in place by the end of June 2013, the company announced at this year's Worldwide Partner Conference.
Apple currently has more than 300 retail stores worldwide.
Here is a full list of the pop-up stores:
- Aventura Mall - Aventura, FL
- Beachwood Place - Beachwood, OH
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center - Denver, CO
- Dadeland Mall - Miami, FL
- Eaton Centre - Toronto, Ontario
- Fashion Mall at Keystone - Indianapolis, IN
- Fashion Show Mall- Las Vegas, NV
- Glendale Galleria - Glendale, CA
- Mall at Green Hills - Nashville, TN
- Mall in Columbia - Columbia, MD
- Metropolis at Metrotown - Burnaby, BC
- Montgomery Mall - Bethesda, MD
- Natick Mall - Natick, MA
- North Star Mall - San Antonio, TX
- Oakridge Centre - Vancouver, BC
- Penn Square Mall - Oklahoma City, OK
- Perimeter Mall - Atlanta, GA
- Roosevelt Field Mall - Garden City, NY
- Ross Park Mall - Pittsburgh, PA
- Saint Louis Galleria - St. Louis, MO
- South Shore Plaza - Braintree, MA
- Southpark Mall - Charlotte, NC
- Stonebriar Centre Mall - Frisco, TX
- Streets at Southpoint - Durham, NC
- Time Warner Center - The Shops at Columbus Circle - New York, NY
- Washington Square- Portland, OR
- West Edmonton Mall - Edmonton, Alberta
- Westfarms Mall - West Hartford, CT
- Westfield Garden State Plaza - Paramus, NJ
- Westfield San Francisco Centre - San Francisco, CA
- Woodland Hills Mall - Tulsa, OK
- Woodlands Mall - Woodlands, TX
In addition, to celebrate back to school, Microsoft launches the biggest Bing Rewards sweepstakes yet! "50 winners will get the opportunity to help public school students and teachers with a $5,000 gift card to spend on DonorsChoose.org," Microsoft stated.
"The lucky sweepstakes winners will have the opportunity to choose from thousands of projects and with $5,000 will make many teachers' wishes come true. We'll be selecting 10 winners per week for 5 weeks (that's $250,000!)," Microsoft adds.
Additionly, Microsoft is offering $5 DonorsChoose.org gift cards for only 99 credits.
"Usually priced at 500 Bing Rewards credits, through November 1, 2012, we're taking off more than 80% and offering the $5 DonorsChoose.org gift cards for only 99 credits," Microsoft writes.