Microsoft PubCenter launched several targeting changes aimed at improving application/ad relevancy aimed at increasing advertiser demand and growing advertising revenue for mobile app developers.
To fully leverage these new capabilities, follow the steps outlined below:
- Associate your Mobile ad unit to a specific Application via the pubCenter's setup tab.
- Select Category and Subcategory (when available) for each Mobile ad unit. Your selection should match the same categories you've selected in Windows Phone Dev Center.
- Save, and repeat for each Mobile ad unit.
- In addition, you'll need to update all your existing Windows Phone Ad units by September 12st, to continue receiving ads. Ad units not updated by Sep 12, 2013, will stop serving ads.
Here is how to update pubCenter Ad Units:
- "Go to pubCenter, Setup, Ad units
- Select the Ad unit you want to update, then select 'edit'
- Add the pubCenter Application that uses this Ad unit.
- Then select the category of your app. This is the Category used in your Windows Phone Dev Center submission. Select also a subcategory if it is applicable," explains Microsoft Advertising.