Microsoft has released a community technical preview of the new Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver available to all SQL Server users at no additional charge, and provides access to Microsoft SQL Server code-named 'Denali' CTP, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 from any Java application, application server, or Java-enabled applet.
This is a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 and above.
This release of the JDBC Driver is JDBC 4.0 compliant and runs on the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 5.0 or later.
This release includes:
- Type-4 Kerberos Integrated Security
- Support for authentication via TGT in cache
- Login configuration file support
- Client side support for SQL Server AlwaysOn Feature for Denali
- Support for multi-subnet failover for AlwaysOn.
More Info: Download
[tags]jdk,sql server 2005,sql server 2008[/tags]