Updates released to Microsoft Teams, OneNote and Forms on Tuesday, looks at enhancements to Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education and new features in OneNote and Forms.
The Microsoft Education team also highlights a new device, this month the spotlight is on the Dell Latitude 3189 convertible student laptop, with specs, either: 4GB Memory/64 GB Storage, Up to 10 hours of battery life, 11.6-inch HD display.
OneNote received an update now features like an ability to solve and graph equations – you can either type or ink the equations. It also now let you drag and drop the solution or the steps straight onto the page.
Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education, now with education experiences built in saves time and simplifies everyday logistics within Office 365 with updates like:
- School Data Sync automatically populates classes with student rosters connected to the school's information system.
- OneNote Class Notebooks are built into every class, allowing teachers to organize interactive lessons and deliver personalized learning right from Teams.
- Apps integrate into the classroom experience, so teachers can quickly access the Office 365 apps they already use – like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Planner – and customize their classroom with education apps.
- End-to-end assignment management in Teams enables teachers to move quickly and effortlessly from creation and distribution to grading and feedback.
Anyone, with an Office 365 for Education account can now go to forms.office.com, and create Microsoft Forms. Updates include:
- Excel Survey will now be powered by Microsoft Forms and be renamed "Forms for Excel." This update comes with a modern experience to make it simple and easy to collect information into Excel in real-time, with all Microsoft Forms features.
- Teachers may notice the new grading functionality in quizzes, such as defining the correct answer to a short answer text question, and students seeing immediate feedback once they submit the quiz.
- We heard educators wanted us to enable a Forms connector inside of Microsoft Flow. Now, users can connect Forms with other apps to enable new workflow scenarios through Flow, such as setting an email notification for new responses.
- This was one our most popular requests, so we introduced a new question type: the ranking question. Users can define a rank or order question, and the responses will be aggregated and visualized for form designers to easily understand.
- We're focused on making product experiences that are better for ALL students, so that's why the Forms team improved accessibility to help users with vision, mobility and cognitive impairments.