The next version of Microsoft's Dynamics NAV ERP will be available as an Windows Azure-hosted service, in the Fall of 2012, revealedd Microsoft officials.
On October 13, Microsoft executives delivered a keynote at the Directions 2011 US conference in Orlando, FL that included a number of significant announcements. Microsoft officails at Directions in Orlando shared the progress that has already been made by demonstrating Microsoft Dynamics NAV "7" running on Azure - including a demonstration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accessed through a web browser.
"This web browser capability is a very recent and very significant extension to the scope of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV "7" release and has not been announced or demonstrated before. The web browser capability will substantially enhance our SMB cloud capabilities, for both partner hosted and Microsoft hosted scenarios, and further strengthen our Microsoft Dynamics ERP value proposition of delivering "Cloud on the Customers Terms"."
Earlier this year, Microsoft officails said that the company is planning to deliver cloud versions of all of its four ERP products: Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV and Dynamics SL. They also said the first of the four to go to the cloud would be Dynamics NAV, and that the next NAV release would be available hosted on Azure some time in 2012.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV "7" is planned to ship in September/October of CY 2012.*
Keynote messages and announcements
Directions US keynote session per today's blog post:
- "Our Focus - We're all about driving customer adds in SMB. That's what made Navision great and that is what continues to drive our business momentum for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Through FY12, we're looking to increase this momentum - leveraging a strong customer and partner sales promotion.
- Accelerating Growth - As we look forward to FY13, our success in driving customer adds will rely on the extent to which we can work together to drive down the costs and perceived risks associated with ERP system replacement. The shift to rapid implementation and cloud deployment requires:
- What we deliver RapidStart for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics NAV on Azure
- That our whole partner channel looks closely at optimizing business models and works to reduce the cost of sale.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV "7" - In Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 we made a significant investment in the long term future of the product. It is the key architectural enhancements that we made in this release that have enabled us to expand the scope of the coming Microsoft Dynamics NAV "7" release and to start to fulfill the ERP cloud commitment that Kirill Tatarinov made at Convergence 2011 in Atlanta," revealed Microsoft.