Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team: Today we’re excited to announce the release of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008! MDT makes imaging and deployment much easier with its new checklist and wizard-driven user interface. At the same time it continues to provide lots of great in-depth guidance for managing your deployment projects end-to-end, as well as quickstart guides if you want to quickly dive into the tools. If you are among the more than 350,000 people still using BDD 2007, we didn’t forget about you. An update for BDD 2007 to support SP1 imaging and deployment is also available today.
Both these tools can save you lots of time in planning and building out a standard desktop experience all the way to rolling OS images out into production. Download MDT 2008 or the updated BDD 2007 today. For more information, go to http://www.microsoft.com/deployment or contact a Desktop Deployment Planning Services specialist.
In addition to Service Pack 1 support for Windows Vista, MDT 2008 also has the following new features:
- Full support for Windows Server 2008
- Additional Actions including Configure DHCP, Authorize DHCP, Configure DNS, and Configure ADDS
- New scripts that will automate the installation of Mass Storage Drivers for Windows XP and Windows 2003 Systems
- Ability to use a WSUS server for the Windows Update script
- Improved performance for the PXE Filter for System Center Configuration Manager unknown computer support
- Improved documentation including a new Quick Start Guide for System Center Configuration Manager
Microsoft, MDT, Deployment, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, BDD