The BizTalk Server 2006 tutorials contain detailed steps for implementing simple scenarios to give new users an experience of using a variety of BizTalk tools while creating compiled, testable solutions. For more advanced users, or users who are designing BizTalk solutions, see "Business Solutions Scenarios" in BizTalk Server 2006 Help. You can also find the BizTalk Server 2006 tutorials in the "Getting Started" section of BizTalk Server 2006 Help. You use files that are installed with BizTalk Server 2006 to complete the tutorials.
Before you begin the BizTalk Server 2006 tutorials, you must complete the steps in Before You Begin the Tutorials. Use the following tutorials to learn how to use BizTalk Server 2006:
· Tutorial 1: Enterprise Application Integration. Provides step-by-step instructions for implementing a BizTalk solution that receives inventory replacement request messages from a warehouse and evaluates the request messages. If the solution denies a request, it sends a denied message to the warehouse. If the solution approves a request, it forwards the message to an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
· Tutorial 2: Purchase Order Process. Provides step-by-step instructions for implementing a BizTalk solution for the ERP system that generates purchase orders from the request messages and sends them to an external partner.
· Tutorial 3: Invoice and Payment Process. Provides step-by-step instructions for extending the solution you create in Tutorial 2 to incorporate a payment process that includes verifying that the partner received the purchase order, receiving the invoice from the partner, constructing a payment voucher for the partner using rules to determine the payment policy, sending the payment and receiving confirmation that the partner received the payment, and forwarding the payment acknowledgment internally.
· Tutorial 4: Trading Partner Management. Provides step-by-step instructions for updating an existing BizTalk solution to incorporate trading partner management. You use the solution to implement a trading partner relationship.
· Tutorial 5: Business Activity Monitoring. Provides step-by-step instructions for defining and viewing data of interest.