Two new enhancements to Smart Detection feature in Azure Application Insights, that enable quick alerts for sluggish performance in live web apps and the ability to find the root cause of such issues rolled out on Tuesday.
Smart Detection now detects degradation in duration of dependency calls and will automatically notify if live web app dependency slow down duration compared to its historical performance. Also added is an analysis of dependency duration to Server Response Time Degradation detections.
In addition, users can click through from Smart Detection details to the profiler trace of an operation to zero in on where the problem has occurred.Now you can view the relevant profiler examples by clicking on a link on Smart Detection details blade.
Note: The link to view Profiler examples will appear only if examples were collected for this operation during detection period.
The general availability announced today brings an ability for the Azure Search's Blob Storage indexer to parse JSON content stored in blobs. This capability is not currently configurable in the Azure Portal.
Note that support for parsing multiple documents from JSON arrays remains in preview.
Microsoft is offering seamless upgrade of classic Backup and Site Recovery (ASR) vaults to ARM Recovery Services vaults with minimal downtime, no loss of data, recovery points or configuration settings, and take advantage of all the new features available with RS vaults.
New features available in Recovery Services vaults
- Enhanced capabilities ensure that you can secure your backups and recover data using cloud backups if production and backup servers are compromised.
- Central monitoring for hybrid IT environment including Azure IaaS VM backups and on-premises backups from a central portal.
- Role based Access Control (RBAC) that restrict backup and restore access to the defined set of user roles.
- Protect all configurations of Azure Virtual Machines iincluding Premium Disks, Managed Disks and Encrypted VMs. Customers can upgrade their classic V1 VMs to V2 VMs and retain older recovery points for the V1 VMs as well as configure protection for newly upgraded V2 VMs in the same vault.
- Instant restore files and folders without having to restore entire IaaS VM thus enabling you to have faster restores. This support is available for both Windows and Linux VMs.
For Site Recovery
- Now protect and failover virtual machines and physical machines into Azure ARM stack with benefits of RBAC access that restrict replication and recovery operations to the defined set of user roles.
- Streamlined 'Getting Started' experience vastly simplifies setting up disaster recovery for your applications.
- Exclude Disk feature allows to exclude specific disks that do not contain important data from being replicated. You can save storage and network resources by not replicating unwanted churn.
- Support for Premium and Locally-redundant Storage (LRS) enable protecting applications that need higher IOPs by replicating into premium storage.
- Support for managed disks enable you to attach disks to machines after failover to Azure. Using managed disks simplifies disk management for Azure IaaS VMs by managing the storage accounts associated with the VM disks.
Microsoft Azure also made advancements for more powerful SAP workloads with several new advancements on Tuesday, involving its partnership with SAP.
The new offerings help ensure Azure is the leading public cloud for SAP HANA workloads, an in-memory, relational database management system, writes Jason Zander, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Azure team. The advancements include:
- M-Series virtual machines powered by Intel Xeon processor E7-8890 v3 that support single node configurations up to 3.5TB memory
- A range of new SAP HANA on Azure Large Instance SKUs, powered by Intel Xeon processor E7-8890 v4 from 4TB to 20TB memory
- Support for SAP HANA Large instances up to 60TB memory for potential future use for applications like SAP BW and SAP BW/4HANA
New, dynamic ZoomCharts are now available to all Microsoft Power BI reports and dashboards, making it easier for users to explore, present and analyze data.
Full multi-touch support makes interaction seamless across devices, and the ZoomCharts approach saves time on report generation, presentation and answer seeking.