At the Convergence, Microsoft announced that NAV “7” is now officially called as “Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.” The beta release for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is expected in May 2012.
“With a planned Q4 calendar year 2012 general availability date, and an expected May 2012 Beta release, NAV 2013 will be the first Dynamics ERP solution to be cloud-enabled for Windows Azure!,” Microsoft said.
The company also revealed that “independent software vendor (ISV)” ecosystem for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 will offer multiple vertical services hosted on Windows Azure to provide customers with the specialized capabilities required for their businesses, from industrial equipment manufacturing to specialized retail and fashion, with more offerings becoming available over time.
Microsoft also announced that Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 will be generally available in Q4 of calendar year 2012.
Microsoft said that both Dynamics NAV 2013 and Dynamics GP 2013 will be cloud-enabled for Windows Azure, optimized for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), and generally available in Q4 of calendar year 2012.
With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 you can:
Become a connected, forward-looking organization.
- Equipped with the Business Analyzer dashboard that is now easily accessible over the web, you and your team will be able to quickly track key performance indicators, anticipate opportunities, delegate tasks, or take informed action. The Business Analyzer delivers role-specific insight across your business, so each member of your team can drill down to relevant details, collaborate with others, and take quick action right from their Microsoft Dynamics GP home page.
- Provide all of your employees with web access to Microsoft Dynamics GP, so they can connect and contribute wherever they are, from their PC or mobile device.
Position your business on a platform for growth.
- With Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Office, you can align your enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and productivity solutions on a single, powerful platform to drive deep integration and connections across your business.
- Make your information technology more strategic by centralizing maintenance, security, and administration on your server in a multitenant environment, eliminating individual desktop updates and the need to maintain Terminal
Services deployments. Free up your IT team to execute projects that create strategic value for your business.
Drive efficiency up while you drive costs down.
- Enhanced capabilities across financial management, purchasing, asset and inventory management, shipping, receiving, and more. Microsoft Dynamics 2013 simplifies day-to-day functions and processes increasing productivity and driving costs out of your business.
In addition, Microsoft announced that the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 will be available worldwide in Q4 calendar year 2012, and will deliver major industry enhancements such as multichannel retail capabilities with Web storefronts, as well as RoleTailored, in-context business intelligence using the latest Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
Microsoft also said the “latest Dynamics CRM adoption numbers, with 33,000 customers and 2.25 million users, and is showcasing a record number of customers who are making the Dynamic Business transformation.”