Microsoft's all-in-one fully integrated solution for city governments with the 311 Citizen Services Center combines the power of several Microsoft technologies and has both a citizen-facing portal and a back-end management module, including interactive Bing Maps for both components, according to Bing Maps team post.
"When cities use the 311 service center, citizens can easily report outages, potholes, etc. by locating them on a map. City workers and contractors can use Bing Maps for service request information and updates. 311 Service Center is another great example of how Bing Maps integrates with Microsoft Dynamics CRM to show the data the customer is managing, and to speed up the decision process," the team informs.
"Microsoft 311 Service Center accelerator is powered by Dynamics CRM 2011 and the Windows Azure platform for maximum flexibility. Thanks to the multi-tenant architecture, you can host multiple instances on a single server, and a cloud-based model reduces infrastructure costs. Whether deployed on-premises, online, or in any combination that works best for your agency," informs Microsoft.
Tthe 311 Service Center accelerator offers powerful solutions to help your agency better serve your citizens, including:
- "Self-service citizen portal. Interactive, web-based citizen portals with a mapping component allow citizens to search for information, submit service requests, visualize geographic location information, and monitor the progress of active cases.
- Case management and workflows. Whether a citizen initiates contact by phone or submits a request over the web, an end-to-end service request engine handles all the required routing and workflow, from the creation of a service request all the way through resolution, keeping stakeholders informed throughout the process with status notifications.
- Call scripts. Interactive, step-by-step scripts, tailored to six specific scenarios, help agents handle calls and requests more efficiently and consistently. This can help minimize errors and improve the cost-effectiveness of service delivery.
- Management dashboards and reporting. Powerful reporting capabilities through dashboards and standard reports, which seamlessly export to Microsoft Excel and other familiar formats, enhance performance tracking and accountability. Management-oriented reports display summary data of service requests by case type, priority, geographic distribution, and resolution time. These reports supply the timely business intelligence that enables cities and counties to analyze trends in citizen requests, monitor service level agreements, and improve accuracy and planning.
- Mobile platform and telephony. Mobile HTML portal views that work across all browser-enabled devices allow citizens to submit requests and to access information via their mobile phones. This mobile connectivity also enables agency workers to update case information directly from the field. Telephony integration is accomplished through connectors as an extension to the accelerator.
- Knowledge base. Microsoft Dynamics CRM capabilities make it easier to search internal and public data sources so both citizens and agency staff can find the information they need quickly," Microsoft informed.
To learn more about how your city can benefit from the Citizen Services Center (311), visit Gov 311 site, and watch the video embedded below: