Here are some of the highlights:
- Matt recommends the SEO Title Plugin to swap the name of the blog title with the name of the post titles.
- Use Alt attributes while blogging and with photos.
- Google does not care about the number of slashes in a URL (blog/title/date/#)…. [but Yahoo does]
- File extensions in the URL won’t affect rankings (.php, .html, .htm, .asp, .aspx, .jsp), just don’t use .exe
- Underscores in URLs are now (or at least very soon to be) treated as word separators by Google. Beforehand, underscores and hyphens were not counted as such.
- If you want to get into Google News, secure multiple authors
Coverage of Matt’s presentation on SEO tips for bloggers:
Google, Matt Cutts, WordPress, Blog, SEO, Wordcamp
Source:→ SEJ Blog