In-Text Advertising is an excellent source of ad revenue program, which has opened a neat & clean form of online advertising that works without taking any extra space on your web page.
Kontera is a leading provider of In-Text Advertising and Information Services. Their flagship product, ContentLink™, finds contextually relevant keywords on a web page in real-time and automatically matches them to relevant ads and information. The ContentLink, advertisers reach their targeted audience on a Cost Per Click (CPC) basis.
Once the ads are matched, the relevant keywords are highlighted with double underline. When a user mouse-over the link, a small bubble like box pop-up that displays and links to an ad from one of Kontera’s advertisers.
When a visitor clicks on the In-Text advertisement, they’re taken to the advertiser’s website and the publisher make money online.
ContentLink advantage: ContentLink can maximize your advertising revenue by running In-Text Advertising alongside your existing AdSense*, banner, text, or other ad units, you use, without taking any extra space on your web page, thereby providing you with a new source of additional revenue stream from the content within your site.[Confirmed by Kontera]
*Note: AdSense now allows other contextual ads on the same page as long as they’re not formatted to use the same layout and colors as the Google ads or search boxes on that site. [AdSense TOS]
Publisher Qualifications: To qualify for ContentLink your website/blog must:
- Be content-rich with more than 50 words per page on the majority of the site
- Use English as the primary language
- More info....
- Once you’re accepted as Kontera ContentLink publisher, the first thing to do is to insert JS code in your site template (right before the closing </body> HTML tag), so that the ads appear site wide.
For WordPress blog, it’s advisable to add the code in your footer.php.
Kontera lets publishers control the number of ContentLinks which appear on your content, the color of the link, its placement, its look and feel the way the window opens once a prospect clicks, as well as , competitors´ filtering, keyword filtering, etc..
- To increase your CTR (Click Through Rate), you may want to customize ContentLinks color to match your site’s link color. You can change the link color in your Kontera ad code by replacing exisitng color with a new color or a hex code, locate this line in your site code:
var dc_AdLinkColor = ‘blue’ ; and enter a new color or a hex code within the ‘ ‘ parameter.
var dc_AdLinkColor = ‘orange’ ; or var dc_AdLinkColor = ’#2277dd’ ;
- When you first place Kontera JS code on your site, you will find ads are placed site wide i.e. Header, Content area, Sidebar, Footer etc.. all over your web page.
You can control ContentLinks ads using Zone tags and Filter tags from the sidebar, footer, header for example, you might want to only have ContentLinks in the main paragraphs/contents and not on the other section of a page.
For this, you will need to use DIV Tags. DIV tags have "open" and "close" tags. When you apply them on your pages, ads will be placed on the text that is between these tags.
Example of DIV Zone Tag:
<p>Some text you want the ContentLink ads to appear on </p>
b. Filter Tags are used in order to define an area of the page where ContentLinks™ should not appear. All other areas of the page are valid mark areas.
To do this, you will need to use Span filter tags.
Example of Filter Tag:
<p>Some text where you don't want ContentLink ads to appear </p>
- Ad Formats: ContentLink provides five unique formats to choose from, which offers branding and conversion opportunities for advertisers all within a single, user-initiated unit.
Optimization: To get the best of the ads on your site, You can block a keyword or an advertiser you wish not to see on your website. Kontera provides: “Keyword, Advertiser, Topic Control”, that allow you to set the following restriction parameters:
- Keywords – block specific keywords from being "highlighted" on your site.
- Advertisers – block specific advertisers from showing up on your site.
- Topics – block specific topics (travel, automotive, etc.) from your site. This covers both keywords and ads.
Once you find a keyword(s) & advertiser(s), simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the words or advertisers you would like to exclude.
Note: If it is an advertiser, please be sure to include the exact URL, otherwise the change may not go through correctly.
Kontera, ContentLink, Contextual, Ads, Online Ads, Contextual Ads, ContentLink Ads, Inline Ads, Advertising, In-Text Ads, Monetizing, Make Money Online, Keywords, Advertiser, Publisher, Affiliate, Affiliates