Apple has released Mac OS X 10.7.2, weighs in at 435.5 MB, brings along with it the iCloud and Safari 5.1.1 to the desktop.
The 10.7.2 can be obtained in Software Update. Per Apple's support KBHT4767:
The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:
- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List, and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.
Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit here.
The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:
- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
- Address an issue that may cause the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
- Address an issue that may cause Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
- Address an issue that may cause a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
- Enable booting into Lion Recovery from a locally connected Time Machine backup drive.
- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
- Improve Active Directory and LDAP integration.
- Resolve an issue with Mail in which you may be unable to send through your MobileMe Mail account.
- Resolve an issue with Mail when searching.
- Address an issue that could cause iChat to prompt you for an account password which has already been saved.
- This update also includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Disk Image (.dmg) and installer packages (.pkg) files are no longer included in "safe" file types.
Apple also issued an updated iPhoto application to go with the just released iOS 5 and Lion 10.7.2 software update.
iPhoto 9.2, which brings compatibility with iCloud and its Photo Stream feature as well as a number of other improvements and fixes. iPhoto 9.2 enables compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5 features, including Photo Stream that automatically imports all photos taken on your iOS 5 devices with the Photo Stream feature turned on.
The 376MB download requires OS X Lion and is available via Software Update in Mac OS X or via the Mac App Store here.
- Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in Magnify (1-up) view
- Previously imported photos are now displayed in a separate section of the Import window
- Book/calendar themes and card categories can now be selected using a pop-up menu in the carousel view
- Resolves an issue that could cause some pages of books to print incorrectly
- Rebuilding a library now correctly preserves saved slideshows and books
Safari 5.1.1 also contains various fixes and improvements to performance, stability, usability, compatibility, accessibility and security, including fixes that:
- Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage
- Improve stability when using Find, dragging tabs, and managing extensions
- Improve stability for netflix.com and other websites that use the Silverlight plug-in
- Add a Show Downloads item to the View menu
- Improve the consistency of the pinch to zoom gesture
- Address issues in full screen that affected search suggestions, URL updating, window sizing, and the title bar
- Address an issue that could prevent East Asian character input into webpages with Flash content
- Address an issue that could cause Safari to open links in windows instead of tabs
Improve PDF handling
- Address an issue that could affect cookie and data deletion
- Address an issue that could cause History items to appear incorrectly
- Correct the text in application download alerts
- Improve compatibility with webpages with Flash video embedded from vimeo.com and other websites
- Improve printing from Safari
- Address an issue that could prevent the Google Safe Browsing Service from updating
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.