Chris Pendleton has pinged more news on Live Search and Virtual Earth. Live Search Maps China has expanded and improved it's website (or DITU) with the following additions and improvements, just in time for the Olympics:
- Real-time Traffic in Beijing
- Send-to-Mobile for free for local search and transit routing result
- Transit data refresh for existing 11 cities including 3 new subway in Beijing (No.10, Airport and Olympic).
- Expanded coverage from 11 to 31 cities.
- Geocoding and Local Search
- Data refresh for existing 114 cities including Olympic Venues.
- Support city and county name geocoding for areas outside of 114-city coverage.
- Olympic query relevance improvement
- Local search category refinement
- Map refresh for 10 existing major cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou etc.
- Expanded tile coverage for 30 more cities, totally 289 cities now.
Live Search Maps Australia launched a new site and includes data from Virtual Earth, NineMSN and Yellow (Pages). If you get redirected to Live Search Maps (US) you can access the Australian site via Ninemsn.com.au, click “maps” above the search box and search for an Australian city or place. Australia must have liked the Bird's Eye Imagery that was added in May's Update.