Want to synchronize installed Skins and Scripts! Both Skins and Scripts folder can be found in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live.
Let’s start by synchronizing the Skins folder:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live one of the devices, right click on the folder called Skins, then choose Add folder to your Live Mesh.
- On the other device, right click the shortcut that was placed on the desktop of that device, choose Sync with this device and change the Location to the existing Skins folder on that device. You can do this by clicking the browse button or by filling in the folder in said field directly (if you know the exact location on that device). Click OK.
- You will now be asked if you wish to merge this folder, choose Yes. You will notice the shortcut disappearing from the desktop of that device.
- We don’t need these files on our Live Desktop so we are going to tell Live Mesh not to sync to there. To do so open up your Live Desktop by clicking on Live Desktop in the Systray Notifier. Once on your Live Desktop right click the Skins folder, choose Change Sync settings and select Don’t Synchronize this device from the dropdown menu
Click OK. You will be notified that changes made in that folder on Live Desktop will be lost etc., click Continue.
- Repeat steps for the Scripts folder and/or the folder where you store your chat logs if you wish.
- All it takes now is some time to synchronize these files. How much time depends on how big the folders are (and the available bandwidth).
Once it’s done restart Messenger and you will have all synchronized Skins and/or Scripts at your disposal. Now you can leave all those folders to synchronize. After removing it from your Live Mesh you can, for example, remove Scripts you don’t want on one device without this Script ending up in the recycle bin at the other device. To remove a folder from your Live Mesh simply delete the folder from the Live Desktop (right click folder, choose Delete).
When you do this, all synchronization, including “Ghosting” is stopped and the folders on your devices will turn into regular ones again.