Yazan Rantawi explains “how to get live mesh (build # 0.9.3103.2) working under Windows Server 2008 x64. The main thing to note is that live mesh will not install (build # 0.9.3103.2) with UAC enabled, you will have to disable it in order to get it installed (don't worry, you will be able to re-enable it once it has been installed). Here’re the steps to get Live Mesh running in Windows Server and Windows Home Server:
- Log in to your server (through Remote desktop, not the WHS interface), launch Internet Explorer, and browse to www.mesh.com. Sign in with your Live ID
- Add a device (you should be given the 32/64bit choice, make sure), and save (don’t run) LiveMesh.exe to somewhere easy to get to on your server (c:\downloads, let’s say)
- Turn off UAC if you are running Windows Server 2008 – you will be able to turn it on again after you install (more on the blog post)
- Again, for Windows Server 2008, reboot after turning off UAC (note: this is only necessary for Windows Server 2008, which has UAC)
- Now, from RUN, start cmd.exe, and navigate to the folder you have LiveMesh.exe in
- type in LiveMesh.exe /force, and hit enter
- Live Mesh will install normally.