LinkedIn's new notifications feature launched today "will keep you notified in real-time when someone likes what you've shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more," the company stated.
In addition, the company said, the LinkedIn notifications will soon be coming on mobile device, including Android, iPhone and iPad applications.
"A notification flag at the top of your homepage and a new Inbox envelope icon. A red circle appears when you have something new, such as comments or likes on your shares, an accepted connection request, new inMails and more," explains LinkedIn.
"Start sharing a professional update, like a relevant news article, or comment on what your connections are discussing. We'll take care of the rest and make sure you're notified when people take actions on your updates," the company said.
Also, the company released a bunch of new features for mobile devices -- per LinkedIn post:
On iPhone and Android:
- Get notified in real-time when someone likes what you've shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more.
- Company pages goes mobile: Find out which connections work at the companies you care about, see recent news and updates from the company, and learn about current job openings.
- Don't want your employer to know you're looking?: recently added access to job listings and jobs you may be interested in directly within your mobile update stream.
On the iPad:
- 6 new languages including French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean. More to come.
- Notifications and Company Pages: Also available on iPad!
Finally, starting this week, LinkedIn begun offering an early access to the redesigned Company Pages -- offering easy to find, follow and engage with companies you're interested in. The redesigned pages also available on iPhone, Android and iPad apps.
Here is what it means:
- "New design makes it easier to find, whether it's company news and information, career opportunities, products and services, or insights.
- Company updates are front and center, enabling you to quickly comment, like, or share relevant company updates with your professional network," informed LinkedIn.
- "Now, providing with ability to add an image represting company and brand.
- the update stream are now more relevant for members, "which means companies are able to share status updates and job opportunities with the right members on LinkedIn."
- New navigation experience, let companies easily showcase their company's products, services and career opportunities to members visiting their Company Page.
- For select companies, LinkedIn offering a more compelling and visual way for them to showcase their employer brand through the Career Pages section of Company Pages," the comapny adds.