There no doubt, Vista and Leopard are both extremely advanced, feature rich consumer operating systems. But way back in January when Vista launched we knew we had little choice but pit the two in a head to head chartngraph Thunderdome competition. We know we're not even going to be able to stop the epic fanboy arguments about break out over this one, so we just ask that you try to keep it fair. Leopard vs. Vista: it's on.
NOTE: This chart is only for out of box features, and does not take into account 3rd party software. We realize that with a few choice apps this chart would look completely different -- but that's not what we're after here.
- Green indicates a category with more and/or better features, and generally a better user experience.
- Red indicates that a category not quite up to snuff. Either it doesn't yet exist in the OS or it just sucks more than the alternative.
- † (dagger) indicates a category we think are too subjective or not similar enough to judge. These do not have any clear winner.
- ‡ (double dagger) indicates a category that is in many ways subjective, but that we feel one category is still ahead. Your own tastes may vary.
- Notes help out with a little background, where appropriate.
|Leopard||Vista||Comments / notes|
|Accessibility||Integrated Braille input / output, voice synthesis, high contrast interface, etc.||Voice synthesis, high contrast interface, etc.|
|Fancy file browsing||Cover Flow, Quick Look||Preview pane, extra large icon view|
|Find windows||Expos |