Windows Azure Training Kit June 2012 update includes over 42 hands-on labs and 18 presentations. Some of the updates in this version include:
- 12 new hands-on labs for Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- 11 new hands-on labs for Windows Azure Web Sites
- 2 new hands-on labs demonstrating Windows Azure with Windows 8 Metro-style applications
- Several new hands-on labs for Node.js and PHP using Mac OS X
- Updated content for the latest Windows Azure SDKs, tools, and new Windows Azure Management Portal
- New and updated presentations designed to support individual sessions to a full 3 day training workshops
Download the June 2012 Windows Azure Training Kit from the Microsoft Download Center.
June 2012 update of the Microsoft Windows Azure SDK for PHP released today aims to keep PHP client libraries up to date with new Windows Azure features and to make PHP a first-class citizen in Windows Azure.
The new Windows Azure SDK for PHP consists of several components:
- The PHP client libraries for Windows Azure
- The Windows Azure Command-Line Tools for Mac and Linux
- Windows Azure PowerShell (Windows Only)
- The Windows Azure Emulators (Windows Only)
The latest client libraries are on GitHub: https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-for-php.
"While the SDK hosted on CodePlex will continue to work for the foreseeable future, it is strongly recommended that new PHP/Windows Azure application use the SDK hosted on GitHub," the team stated.
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Balanced Data Distributor For Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is a new SSIS transform. "This transform takes a single input and distributes the incoming rows to one or more outputs uniformly via multithreading. The transform takes one pipeline buffer worth of rows at a time and moves it to the next output in a round robin fashion," Microsoft stated.
"It's balanced and synchronous so if one of the downstream transforms or destinations is slower than the others, the rest of the pipeline will stall so this transform works best if all of the outputs have identical transforms and destinations."
The intention of BDD is to improve performance via multi-threading. Several characteristics of the scenarios BDD applies to: 1) the destinations would be uniform, or at least be of the same type. 2) the input is faster than the output, for example, reading from flat file to OleDB.
Download Balanced Data Distributor (BDD) for SQL Server 2012 here.
This video demonstrate how to leverage the Balanced Data Distributor component to reduce the execution time of an SSIS package. You'll learn how to increase the throughput of the package Data Flow transformations by paralleling the Data Flow buffers to multiple outputs.
In this episode, Nick Harris talk about what's new in Windows Azure tooling. Nick shows the following:
Windows Azure Web Sites [07:45]
Virtual Machines [24:15]
Cloud Services [28:45]